Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!





The week before Valentine's Day was fun for the girls and I...
Megan and Melanie were into the Valentine Spirit and reminded me of all the people we love and needed to show that we loved them! So we made Valentines packages for all the cousins and grandma and grandpa's and even a few friends we miss from Iowa! Then we baked up goodies so we could fill jars full of love to give to our home teaching and visiting teaching families within our ward family here in SD. It was a busy week but we had fun doing it!
On V-day Feb. 14th was also the Gila Valley Temple Ground Breaking Ceremony! We woke up and took the girls to the satilite broadcast at the stake center. What a sweet way to spend Valentine's day...with my eternal family whom I love, while witnessing a temple come to southern Arizona and closer to us! We enjoyed the ceremony and felt the sweet spirit and excitement of having a temple closer ... what an amazing answer to so many prayers!
The next day was Stake Conference where I had been asked to share my testimony and speak on the importance of temples and families. I am grateful for parents who taught me and showed me by example the importance of temples while I was young. I pray that I might be able to do the same for my children so that we too can become an eternal family. I am grateful for the opportunity (as tramatic as it was) to gain a stronger testimony of these eternal truths.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the girls looked like they had loads of fun during valentines day, with all their merrill cousins and whatnot! Talk about a blog overload...but i'm glad you updated it was fun to read what's been goin' on and on your mind. love ya sis.

Heather K said...

Wow you went overboard. But you do that sometimes and have such cute ideas! That is cute the girls got flowers too from Pete I assume.