Friday, June 27, 2008

ROAD TRIP!!!




Thats right a road trip with my mom and my sister Brianna! My Grandparents also went but were in a seperate car. Megan and Melanie got to spend a week with Grandma and Grandpa Merrill and Brianna left Hailey with her in-laws. Our destination as random as it may sound was Mississippi! WHY? Well my Grandpa Thomas was born and raised in Mississippi and still has family and land out there. So we went and got to meet cousins that looked like us but we had never met and hear all the stories about my grandpa and his family! We are trying to work on my grandpa's life story, it was so special to hear grandpa's stories and be with him.

We were only in Mississippi a few days, the rest was travel. We did manage to go to Six Flags as a spur of the moment thing as we were traveling through. I enjoyed having lots of girl talk with my mom and sister. I didn't have anyone to tease so I reverted back to when I was little and managed to still tease Brianna the whole trip. GOOD TIMES...MEMORIES FOREVER!

3 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

That sounds like a lot of fun Britt! And how neat to find out more about good ole' gramps and his history. Aren't you just sooooo thankful when you look at your family and can say, "These people just rock!" I know I feel that way...boy did I luck out with the family I was sent to! What a heritage!

Tim and Connie said...

Those memories are going to be ones you hold onto. Sometimes slowing down and being forced to sit in a car for hours can be so much fun. What a good idea to get your grandparents story, you never know when it will be too late.

Heather K said...

Oh yeah you went on your Mississippi trip. I totally had to sing the song to spell it correct. How fun to have a girl trip!