I cut 12 inches of my hair and donated 10 of it to "Locks of Love" last Saturday. Many of you know my sister-in-law has cancer and just finshed her first round of chemo. Two weeks later she has lost her hair due to the treatment. Cheryl is having a wigg being made for her by a group similiar to "locks of love". I am grateful for those people who are doing this for her! In the mean time Cheryl I'll be growing my hair out with you!
Cheryl is such a strong and amazing person, she too is going back to school to get her degree. She was carrying 5 accounting classes when she was diagnosed with cancer and endured through 2 different knee surgeries. I asked her if she was going to withdraw from a few classes to lighten the load... and to my surprise she told me she was going to "Hang in There"! Meanwhile I thought my own life was a tornado with my 4 classes while coaching Track! At the end of the semester Cheryl pulled STRAIGHT A's!!! What an amazing person ! Cheryl we love you, HANG IN THERE we love you!

10 comments:
How thoughtful of you! And...it's just like high school! Love you Britt!
Britt you are so sweet. I don't deserve all that credit! You yourself are such an amazing person. I think you look great with your new haircut! Locks of love is an amazing program. I saw so many young children going to radiation each morning when I went. It's a humbling experience to see these small children suffuring. I am so glad there are so many great programs out there. Once again you are awesome. I am so fortunate to have you as my "sister". Love ya Britt!
You look beautiful Brittany. You did an awesome thing. I too think you are such an amazing person, and always have. You have been such an example and friend to me...and I love ya to death!
I love your new locks. I have always wanted to do locks of love. Someone will be very happy to have your beautiful hair.
BEAUTIFUL!! I love the new cut and your reason behind it is great!! I hope Cheryl is doing well!!
Before I read your post, I just saw you hair and thought, "AAAHH, Brittany's hair is SOOOO cute!!!" And then I read the story and that is a wonderful thing to do to support your SIL. We will pray things go well.
You look great! Perfect summer cut. I see a lot of you in Mel with your hair short like that! Hope Cheryl is doing well, I cried when I read her blog... such strength and faith!
Brittany,
You are so nice, i bet you made cheryl feel really good. She is lucky to have such a great family to support her.
By the way, I love your new hair. It is so cute, and a FUN< BIG change.
Wow you have not had short hair since before you got married. You seriously have not aged at all and look just as cute as highschool. What a cool idea to donate locks at this time. You have great ideas and are so thoughtful. MISS YA!
Woah.I am shocked! Of course you look great with it short, but it just seems like it's not you! I don't mean "not you" as in not a good cut for you but "not you" as in that's a different person we're looking at!
You guys all look great and I envy your lake trip! It's been so long and I grew up going to lakes. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Post a Comment