The last few weeks we have had some much needed rain. For a few days it rained almost 3 days straight! So with the cousins gone AND no swimming we had to get creative. We created "Merrill Express" which was a train for Meg and Mel's favorite stuffed animals. That little craft entertained them ALL DAY! As for myself we have 3 apricot trees that were LOADED with apricots. So my mom and I picked and made jam all week (65 JARS) CRAZY I know! I must admit that it was all worth it when we enjoyed it on a slice of homemade bread...YUMMY! Well that is what we did while enjoying the rain!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Bode would have loved the train! What a great idea. I had a dream about canning food last night, who knows where that came from!?!
My mom gave me a freezer bag of apricots to make a "little jam". THey are so expensive and her tree for some reason won't have very much on it this year, neither will Ryan's dad's. I am the only one in my family that likes apricot jam so all I needed was a little I guess!! Lucky girl!
I hope you don't get two identical comments from me, the screen went blank after I just typed all this:
My favorite jam of all time is my Grandma Goodman's Pineapple-Apricot jam. If you're not all through with those apricots, try a batch of it, I've got the recipe. On another note, why didn't you post a picture of Pete's dashing smile???????
I love rainy days! Why is it we always bake on rainy days? In my opinion there is nothing better! Good idea with the craft for the girls.
My apricot tree is loaded but they are still pretty green. I hate it when they fall all over my yard. So this year I will put tarps all over and shake the HECK out of them and hopefully save my yard. Then we will have to make that much jam too. Apricot jam is my favorite! Did you make freezer jam. That is all I know how to make? They look pretty and good!
Post a Comment