Tuesday, August 5, 2008






Summer is coming to an end and we ended it with a last minute camping and boating trip at Apache Lake. We spent 2 nights and 3 days camping and having lots of boating fun! My sister Brianna and her husband Tyler and thier little girl Hailey came with us last Thursday, then my parents joined up with us Friday and Saturday. We enjoyed living on the lake for a few days and we played hard while we were there. The three little girls where in separable! They even made thier own make-believe fire pit since it was too hot for a real blazing camp fire. One of our favorite things after playing hard on the lake was pulling up to one of the little sandy beaches and enjoying the sand on our feet, and dad teaching the girls how to fish. Megan is a pretty good little fisher. Pete is getting pretty good at skiing and as for myself I am suffering through my rookie year of wakeboarding. It really is a lot of fun, yet as soon as I get too confident I CRASH and BURN!!! OUCH!!! I was sore all weekend! Anyone have any great tips out there!?

5 comments:

Heather K said...

We haven't been boating yet this summer. I love tubing with the kids and crash and burn alot on the skii's. I never was that graceful! he he. Looks like fun we haven't camped either. Busy strange summer!

Unknown said...

IT WAS SO FUN! hopefully next summer I'll be sore too cuz I'll be attempting to ski like you. Your such a pro...it was funny cuz you would out jump pete on the ski's. Thanks again for inviting us to go. lub you!

Heitmann Family said...

Looks like you had a great time. I can't believe you guys start school next week!!

Didion 6-Pack said...

Love the picture of the 3 girls in the front of the boat. That looks like a fun way to end the summer. Missed you tonight, thanks so much for the yummy cake, you're the greatest.

Alison said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun! I am glad you guys got a great "last minute" trip. The girls are getting bigger and bigger!