Last Week Cheryl completed her third round of chemo and edured through 6 long days in the hospital. Ben is working nights and Cheryls family was gone for the week attending a family wedding. So my mom, my sister and I went up to Phoenix to stay and help. I can not express how humbling it was to watch Cheryl go through that. The hospital can be such a lonely and depressing place to be, not to mention the physical strain of the treatments. Cheryl would try hard to keep her thoughts on postive and good things. We got caught up on all our magazine reading, and enjoyed the Olympics of course. Brianna and Cheryl made hair bows on a good day while other times Cheryl enjoyed often visits from her kids. The kids were always so sweet with her and every one of them never wanted to leave their mom in the hospital, I think if there were 3 little beds in her room they would have stayed the night. Cheryl and I had deep talks that we each expressed our own trials the Lord has given us. Our conclusion was the same the Lord loves us and knows us and we are grateful for the faith and strength He gives us.
Cheryl you are so beautiful and amazing to me. Keep your spirits up and know how much we love you!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Way To Go Cheryl!
Posted by
Peter and Brittany Merrill
at
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Brittany,
Tell Cheryl she is an inspiration to me as well. :) You are a good sister to go help her like you do, I think blessings will come to both your families. :) You guys sound busy as usual--Send Melanie over for a few days in a month or two. Quinn and Parker would LOVE having her here.
:)
Well I'm teary right now and it doesn't help I stayed up all night last night at work.....which always makes me emotional. BUT, Cheryl is a really special person and yes the Lord only gives us trials that we can grow from. She must have such a strong testimony and faith!!!! We pray for their family.
I want to thank you so much for coming down while I was in the hospital. It was so sweet of you to sacrifice your time in coming down. I know you are a busy woman! I do want you to know how much I love talking with you, and if YOU ever need anything, seriously, call me. Thanks for all you do Brittany.
Post a Comment