Wednesday, July 30, 2008

24th of July Celebrations!




I have recently realized that I blog about my family and happenings in our life but manage to leave out a really big part of out lives! Our church! As most of you know we belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints and we are very active and very involved in our church. Both Pete and I have callings/assignments in the church which we do voluntary and are not paid for. Pete is in the Stake Young Mens Presidency and recently finished putting on a scout camp for the boys, lots of work and also lots of fun! I have been working with the little kids 18 months -11 years old in the Primary Presidency in our ward. I have had this calling for a year now and have decided it is the best! I love teaching the children the gospel they are so much fun and so sweet. Megan and Melanie love having me in primary and asking if anything I make if it is for primary!

Anyways last week I was busy getting ready for the 24th of July Celebrations! (The 24th is where we celebrate our pioneer heritage and ancestors who treked across the plains and finally reached Salt Lake City!) Primary was asked to do a float and that became my assignment. Our theme was "Pioneers building Temples since 1836" we had some children dressed as pioneers with bonnets and dresses and then we had modern pioners with contruction gear! The kids loved it and had a great time! Now after my first float attempt I think I could calmly do this again!

2 comments:

Tim and Connie said...

You two are busy with those callings! It's nice to look back and see that you had such a big part in those events. I bet all the kids love you guys!

M & S Eagar said...

It's so fun to watch your girls grow up!